Universal Pictures announces release date and special features for Nia DaCosta’s Candyman 4K Ultra-HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases.
Universal Pictures Announces Release Date and Special Features for Nia DaCosta’s 4K Ultra-HD, Blu-ray and DVD Releases Candy. The latest installment in the iconic horror franchise comes from director Nia DaCosta, who co-wrote the screenplay with producers Jordan Peele and Win Rosenfeld. The film serves as a direct sequel to the original 1992 film as Anthony McCoy returns to the Cabrini-Green area, now a gentrified neighborhood compared to the original film’s housing project, as he begins to explore the legend of the Candyman. in the hope of revitalizing his art, instead of setting it on a path of madness and dark secrets.
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II leads the cast of Candy alongside Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Colman Domingo and Kyle Kaminsky. The film also features the returns of original stars Vanessa Williams, Virginia Madsen and Tony Todd, reprising their roles as Anne-Marie McCoy, Helen Lyle and Daniel Robitaille, better known as Candyman himself. Released in theaters in August with great reviews from critics and audiences alike, Universal has some exciting news for fans of the horror thriller.
A few months after the film hit theaters to rave reviews, Universal announced that Candy hits digital platforms on November 2, followed by shelves on 4K Ultra-HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 16. All versions of the film will include a roster of exciting special features, including deleted and extended scenes, an alternate ending, and several behind-the-scenes features. Check out the box art and special features below:
Bonus features on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD and digital:
- An alternate ending
- Deleted and Expanded Scenes
- Say my name: The filmmakers and cast discuss how the horror at the center of Candyman is both timely and timeless, which is a tragedy in itself.
- Body horror: We explore director Nia DaCosta’s influences in the body horror subgenre and what Anthony’s physical transformation means for the story.
- The eye of the filmmaker: Nia DaCosta: Take a closer look at director Nia DaCosta, and how her singular voice and perspective was perfect for telling this story.
- Paint chaos: The filmmakers reveal how Anthony’s work evolves throughout the film and how they strive for authenticity by recreating Chicago’s vibrant art scene.
- The Art of Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe: Composer Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe reveals some of the unconventional methodology he used to create the unique and haunting sounds of the film’s soundscapes.
- Terror in the shadows: A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the analog shadow theater scenes and an explanation of why this ancient art medium was the most conceptually relevant to depicting the cycle of legendary violence.
- Candyman: The Impact of Dark Horror: A panel discussion moderated by Colman Domingo on the nuanced relationship that black Americans have with Candyman, the horror genre and the general idea of ââmonsters and victims.
Although the home press release comes right after the Halloween season is over, the announcement of CandyThe imminent arrival of on the shelves is sure to inspire fans to get their hands on the latest installment in the franchise. The list of feature films alone is sure to grab the attention of those who have seen the film, namely its “never seen“Alternate ending. With no idea what that ending might entail, this is certainly the most intriguing of the bonus material featured.
Horror fans will also be drawn to the various BTS features for Candy, including DaCosta’s break down of the body horror subgenre and the influences put into Anthony’s terrifying transformation in the film. While the film’s box office success alone could allow Universal to move forward with a new installment, strong home media sales could increase the chances of taking the slasher legend faster. ‘to come up. Candy is currently available for rental on digital platforms and will be officially available for purchase on November 2, and then on shelves on November 16.
More: Is Tony Todd In Candyman 2021?
Cap Returning The Soul Stone becomes Ultron Callback in Endgame Art
About the Author