by: Luis Barrio
EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso County Public Works is hosting two free community cleanup events on Saturday, April 9 from 8 a.m. to noon (or until capacity).
Organizers share that this event empowers El Paso County residents to get rid of unwanted items, while making a difference in their community.
The drop off locations are:
- Fabens: 199 Citizen Transfer Station Rd, Fabens, TX 79838
- Westway: 1002 Tiffany Road. Canutillo, Texas 79835
Passenger tires, bulk waste and electronic waste will be accepted as follows:
- A total of 1,500 tires will be accepted.
- Only 5 tires per residence.
- Tires must be 17 inches or less.
- Retailer tires will NOT be accepted, semi-truck or equipment tires and tires with rims.
Bulk garbage and electronic waste
- One van load per resident of bulk waste.
- Includes furniture, chairs, rugs, etc.
- Electronics includes computers and computer accessories, tablets, scanners, video games, cameras, radios, cell phones, VCRs and DVD players.
- CRT monitors and televisions will not be accepted.