Hi there! As we prepare to say goodbye to June, we have one last round of at-home press releases to wait for before heading into July. In terms of recent horror, the new Fire starter the adaptation comes out this Tuesday in collector’s edition and RLJE Films should release both see for me and mosquito state this week too.
As for older titles, Tony Scott true romance gets the 4K treatment from Arrow Video, and both survival game and Hey, stop stabbing me are also resurrected on Blu-ray. Other June 28 releases include Where’s the scary stuff, the devil inside and The Haunting of Pendle Hill.
Firestarter (2022): Collector’s Edition (Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Blu-ray/Digital/DVD and DVD/Digital)
Blumhouse reignites Firestarter with this explosive adaptation of Stephen King’s classic thriller. Protected by her parents, Charlie spent her childhood on the run and mastered her extraordinary pyrokinetic powers. But now that she is 11, the flames are harder to control and sinister forces seek to capture her. Charlie must learn to embrace the fire from within and fight to control it in order to protect his family and his freedom.
- Deleted and extended scenes
- Feature Commentary with Director Keith Thomas
survival game (Culture Shock, Blu-ray)
Seven criminals, prisoners and slaves are sent to Earth to chase “the ball” and hunt each other! The almighty creatures that rule the galaxy watch this sports survival games. The winner of the games will be granted their freedom. Which of these seven deadly men will secure the ball and survive until noon?
- Presentation of the film by the director Armand Gazarian
- Full Commentary with Director Armand Gazarian
- Interview with cinematographer Bruce Hensius
- Interview with actor Johnnie Saiko
- Catering comparison
- Municipal Waste’s “Slime and Punishment” music video (2018) featuring Johnnie Saiko as his Games of Survival character
- Culture Shock Release Trailers
- SDH legends in English
Hey, Stop Stabbing Me: Special Edition (Severin Films, Blu-ray)
Long before they became big Hollywood actors with DORM DAZE, GOLAN THE INSATIABLE and the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG films, 20-year-old producer/co-writer/director Josh Miller and producer/co-writer/star Pat Casey spent the summer of 2000 with $500, a MiniDV camera and a group of friends in Bloomington, MN creating what remains the most incredibly accomplished – and long out of print – comedy/horror hit of the SOV era. . It’s a deranged suburban saga of hole-diggers, serial killers, nympho girlfriends, clothes-stealing monsters and lawnmower murders that Film Threat calls “awkward and funny with charm to spare, filled with ‘ideas that are both creative and bizarre”. Intervision is proud to present this justifiable cult favorite now lovingly remastered in HD with all-new reunion featurettes, audio commentary, short films and more.
- Introduction by director/co-writer Josh Miller and co-writer/actor Pat Casey
- Audio Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Josh Miller, Co-Writer/Actor Pat Casey and Actor Andy Kriss
- Still Stabbing After All These Years – Cast and Crew Reunion
- The State of Stabbing Mike – The outcome of THE STATE OF BEING MIKE and the filming of HEY, STOP STABLING ME!
- SLEDGEHAMMERS AT DAWN (83 min) with filmmaker’s introduction and audio commentary
see for me (RLJE Movies, Blu-ray & DVD)
A group of thieves break into the luxurious remote mansion where Sophie keeps house. Sophie, a visually impaired former skier, must rely on Kelly, an army veteran living across the country, to help her defend herself.
True 4K Romance: Limited Edition (Video Arrow, 4K Ultra HD)
In 1993, action movie boss Tony Scott teamed up with a hot new screenwriter named Quentin Tarantino to bring True Romance to the screen, one of the most beloved and quoted films of the decade.
Elvis-worshipping comic book store employee Clarence Worley (Christian Slater) minds his own business during a triple bill from Sonny Chiba when Alabama Whitman (Patricia Arquette) walks into his life — and from At this moment, the two are inseparable. Within 24 hours, they are married and on the run after Clarence is forced to kill the possessive, psychopathic pimp from Alabama. Driving a Cadillac across country from Detroit to Hollywood, the newlyweds plan to sell a suitcase full of stolen drugs to fund a new life…but they don’t suspect the cops and mob are closing in on them. Will they escape and achieve their dream of a happy ending?
Breathtaking action sets and unforgettable dialogue combine with a killer row of sensational performances from a stunning set in Scott and Tarantino’s blood-soaked, bullet-riddled Valentine’s Day, finally restored in dazzling 4K with hours of brilliant bonuses.
CONTENTS OF THE 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION:
- New 4K restorations of Theatrical Cut and Director’s Cut from original camera negatives by Arrow Films
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- Perfectly bound 60-page collector’s booklet featuring new writings about the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement, a 2008 Maxim oral history with cast and crew interviews, and Edgar Wright’s eulogy in 2012 for Tony Scott
- Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- Six double-sided reproductions of the lobby map in postcard format
- 4K UHD (2160p) Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of both cuts
- Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Tony Scott
- Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino
- Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette
- Audio Commentary by Critic Tim Lucas
- Select scene commentary by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
- New scene commentary selected by stars Bronson Pinchot and Saul Rubinek
- New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
- New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
- New interview with co-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
- New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire
- Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
- Alternate ending with optional commentary by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino
- Electronic press kits, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman
where are the scary things (Lionsgate, DVD)
In this teenage horror tale, Ayla and her friends discover a human monster and use it to shoot popular viral videos, but soon Ayla uses the beast to get revenge on her enemies.
ALSO AVAILABLE THIS WEEK:
- The Demon Within (4Digital Media, DVD)
- The Haunting of Pendle Hill (High-flying movies, DVDs)
- mosquito state (RLJE Movies, DVDs)