Bourbonnais Public Library
• Donation Days: At 9:00 am Thursday, the library will accept donated books for an upcoming book sale. If you have a large collection to donate, call us at 815-933-1727 and we’ll pick up the items curbside. We do not accept encyclopedias, VHS, magazines or manuals. Proceeds from the sale of books go to library services and programs. The Bourbonnais Public Library’s book sale will be held on September 24 and 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• You are a wizard! Quiz Night: At 6:30 p.m. on Fridays, the library hosts Harry Potter trivia for fans ages 11 and up. The teams will be divided between four and six people. Disguises are encouraged. Email [email protected] to register.
• Children’s Concert: At 10:30 am Saturday, Miss Katie will host a children’s concert for children of all ages. The concert will feature Disney songs, pop music and more. No registration required.
Bradley Public Library
• Free Fines: As of the first day of the month, the library no longer charges late fines on most items checked out at the Bradley Library. If an item is not returned or is damaged, a replacement charge will still apply. This decision to go for free is made with the aim of removing economic barriers to using the library.
Edward Chipman Public Library (Momence)
• Medicare 101: Monday at 6:00 p.m., the library will host an educational presentation answering questions about Medicare. The presentation is free, but the library asks to call ahead to register.
• Craft Club: Wednesdays at 6 p.m., the library hosts the monthly Craft Club for children in grades 1 through 8. The club meets on the third Wednesday of each month.
Grant Park Library
• The library offers books from the bestseller list as well as old classics and children’s books. They also have children’s DVDs, which require a deposit which is returned when the DVD is returned.
Kankakee Public Library
• Tuesday morning book discussion: At 10:00 am Tuesday in the 3rd floor meeting room, join other library users for a discussion on “Bad A — Timbuktu Libraries” by Joshua Hammer.
• Medicare 101: At 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, the library will host an educational presentation answering questions about Medicare. The presentation is free, but the library asks to call ahead to register.
Limestone Township Library District
• National Library Card Enrollment Month: During the month of September, the library celebrates library card enrollments. New registrations (or card renewals) will receive a coupon for Dairy Queen and a children’s pass for classic theaters.
• Adult Book Club: At 6:30 pm Tuesday, discuss “Finding Dorothy” by Elizabeth Letts on the library patio.
• Gentle Yoga: Wednesday at 10:15 am, join Anna’s yoga class outside on the library grounds.
Manteno Public Library
• Puzzle Exchange: Monday at 1:00 p.m., the library will host a puzzle event for adults.
• Book Club: At 3 pm Tuesday, join the library for a discussion on “The Memory of Running” by Ron McLarty. Copies are available at the library.
• Fall Garden Cleanup: 6 am to 7 pm Thursday at Heritage Park, a master gardener will provide tips on how to complete a fall gardening checklist.
Pembroke Public Library
• Family Fun Time: Starting at 11:30 am Friday, join the library via Facebook Live for a craft demonstration, recipe and story time.